This is something I probably need to pay more attention to. Or at least keep track of as its happening, so I can see how much I’ve written this year. I will endeavor to keep better track moving forward.
But to the best of my recollection, here’s what I wrote this year:
- 2000AD – a 4-page script for Valentin Ramon to illustrate.
- Apes With Uzis: Arc and Chain, Thugs Electro – 32 page one shot for Kevin Enhart.
- Demoniac – a 13-page short story (dialogue only) for Jason Jarava.
- Diver Down – a 6-page short story (dialogue only) for Carl Yonder.
- Dog Catcher – a 5-page scene as part of the pitch package for Matt Mossman.
- Earth Shaker – a 9-page short story for Lord Akira (Cristian).
- El Diablo Rojo – 12-pages (dialogue only) for Valentin Ramon. Soon to be more.
- Fear and Pain – 9 pages (dialogue edits only) for Kevin Enhart.
- FUBAR: By the Sword – 8-page short story for Chris McFann.
- Forest – 9 pages (dialogue only) for Michael Tyler.
- Hell to Pay – 51 pages and counting for Orlando Baez.
- In Sanity – 48 pages (and counting) – no artist yet.
- Instinct – 22 pages (first issue) for Sami Kivela.
- Jim – 8 page scene as part of the pitch package for Ken Perry.
- Jury-Rig – 6 page scene as part of the pitch package for Cem Iroz.
- Knowledge – 66 pages (issues 4, 5, and 6) for Jerome Eyquem.
- NRV – 44 pages for Craig DeBoard
- Old Ghost – 9 pages of issue 2 for Olov Redmalm
- Pieces of Hate – 40 pages (no dialogue yet) for Valentin Ramon
- Scum of the Earth – 8 pages of added material for issue 3 of the mini-series for Rob Croonenborghs/Action Lab comics.
So unless my math is horrible (and it is), that’s 409 pages of comics written this year. I guess that’s not too shabby. It’s September, so I’ve got 3 and half months left to fit in any more writing that I need to do. I’ll be sure to keep track and add to this total.
Also, I’m starting to get close to not fulfilling my goal for 2013: landing 4 comics with publishers. As it stands, I’m at 3: Knowledge at Markosia, Scum of the Earth at Action Lab, and Old Ghost at 215 Ink. However, El Diablo Rojo is coming up very soon, and that could easily become book number 4. We shall see.
Until next time, do yourself a favor and go listen to “Dear Miss Lonelyhearts” by Cold War Kids.