It’s important to have goals for your career, whatever that career might be. In comics, I have 5 goals that I want to achieve before I “retire”.
By putting them out here like this, I’m committing to these, that these are my goals and these are what I’m always working towards.
In no particular order:
- A serialized story in Dark Horse Presents
- A creator-owned series at BOOM!
- A creator-owned series at Black Mask
- A self-published book
- A creator-owned book at Image Comics.
Those are my creator-owned goals. If I had to pick any mainstream, Big Two goals, they would be as follows:
- At Marvel, I want to work on Nomad. The Jack Munroe version. But I don’t even know if he exists in current Marvel continuity.
- At DC, I want to work on the Question. The Vic Sage version. I know he’s dead in-continuity, but this is comics…
That’s it. In comics, I really want to do my own thing, create my own characters, and own my own work.
Just a quick hit for today. Good luck to all my friends out in New York at NYCC.